[Support #XOO-931182]: Fwd: Unidata GOES feed

Hi Carol,

re:
> We haven't properly collected any GOES-16 or GOES-17 files since about 8
> am this morning. I checked the ldm queue, and it looks like your files
> from unidata are coming into our queue. The only issue I can find is
> that you have possibly modified the naming of the nc files.
>
> OR_ABI-L1b-RadM1-M*6*C06_G16_s*

This portion of the product name/Product ID is the mode that the satellite
is operating in.  Since there are currently three modes of operation for
both GOES-16 and GOES-17, one's LDM pattern-action file action must support
all three.

The three modes are:

mode 3 - Full disk scans every 15 minutes
         CONUS scans every 5 minutes
         Mesoscale scans either every 1 minute if there are two mesoscale
           sectors or one every 30 seconds if there is one mesoscale sector

mode 4 - Full disk scans every 5 minutes

mode 6 - Full disk scans every 10 minutes
         CONUS scans every 5 minutes
         Mesoscale scans either every 1 minute if there are two mesoscale
           sectors or one every 30 seconds if there is one mesoscale sector

These are indicated by M3, M4 and M6, respectively in the Product IDs.

re
> Versus we are looking for files in our pqact with the following structure.
>
> (OR_(ABI)-L1b-RadM1-M*3*C(..)_G(..)_s(....)(...).*)
>
> I'm a little confused here, but that's all I can think of right now.
>
> Greg, we can talk about this later this afternoon after your meeting.

To account for all operational modes, this regular expression should be
changed to:

(OR_(ABI)-L1b-RadM1-M.C(..)_G(..)_s(....)(...).*)

Comment:

- NOAA has been testing Mode 6 on and off since GOES-17 was launched
  on both GOES-16 and GOES-17

- the latest plan I have heard is that the "normal" operating mode will
  be changed from Mode 3 to Mode 6

  Doing Full Disk scans every 10 minutes will make the U.S. satellites
  match Himawari and eventually Meteosat third generation (MTG).

re:
> Thanks,

No worries.

Ticket ID: XOO-931182