[IDD #MQV-508069]: Missing TEMP BUFR bulletins

Hi Christian,

re:
> I have to switch from TEMP ASCII data to BUFR data, because in many
> countries ascii data is no longer available for TEMP data.

Yes, the change over to BUFR is impending...

re:
> I am receiving BUFR data using this LDM action:
>
> WMO     (^I[US]....) (....) ([0-3][0-9])([0-2][0-9])
> FILE    data/bufr/\2/\1_\2_(\3:yyyy)(\3:mm)\3\4.bufr
>
> From this page: https://confluence.ecmwf.int/display/TCBUF/TEMP+BUFR+Frequency
> we have the bulletin headers for all raob stations.

OK.  I am not sure that this will include all BUFR files, but I don't know
what extended regular expression to use instead.

re:
> However, if I look at my bufr directory, I am missing many BUFR bulletins.
>
> For example, for Spain (LEMM), I only receive: IUKA05 and IUKA06, and I
> should have more bulletins, as the following are missing: IUKA04, IUKD02,
> IUKA01, IUKD01. It is the same for France (LFPW), all radiosondes are now
> in BUFR format, and some stations are missing.
>
> I did not find anywhere else those bulletins. Any pointers why those
> missing bulletins are not broadcast?

The observations that we include in IDD datastreams that originate from
NOAAPort contain only what the U.S. NWS has decided to include in NOAAPort.
If observations are missing, it likely means that they are not being
added to the NOAAPort Satellite Broadcast Network (SBN) by the NWS.

re:
> If anybody is interested, I wrote a set of 3 scripts to decode data and
> store it in a merged upper air GEMPAK file.

I am sure that these would be most useful.  I think it would be a good idea
to send a note to the gembud and ldm-users email lists letting folks know
that you have developed a procedure to include decode and store the BUFR
formatted observations in GEMPAK format!

re:
> Thanks!

No worries.

Ticket ID: MQV-508069