[IDD #GPC-601140]: new extended hours of HRRR via LDM?

> Hello IDD support!
Hi Russ,

> Is there any mechanism currently by which it will be possible to receive the
> new extended forecasts of the operational HRRR model via the LDM?

Sadly, no

  As of yesterday, the HRRR was upgraded so that it runs out to 36 hours for
the 00,06,12,and 18z runs.
(http://www.nws.noaa.gov/os/notification/scn18-58rap_hrrr.htm)  But also noted
in the notice is that “There will be no changes to data on NOAAPORT/SBN.”,
which is where we have been getting the operational HRRR forecast grids – and
indeed only the forecasts out to 18 hours are coming through NOAAPORT, just as
before.  I don’t recall if there was any discussion of putting HRRR forecasts
on CONDUIT or any other feed,

There was, and that may still happen, but the output is NOT there currently.

Working currently w NCEP to see if we can get it into CONDUIT, will keep you in
the loop.

 but I thought I’d check and see if there’s any way to get those extended
forecast files other than just downloading them from the NOMADS http/ftp
server.  (Same question goes for the extended RAP forecasts, I suppose, though
those are probably less frequently used…)

> Thanks much!
> Russ

Sorry for the slow reply, we were working on it  :)

Thank you,

Jeff

Jeff Weber
Unidata User Support