[IDD #TMZ-743033]: Help? Our LDM Miami radar latency is too long

Hi Brian,

re:
> Thanks, this is extremely helpful.  In fact, it looks like the files
> have been coming in more consistently and completely since about 1730
> UTC.

This corresponds more or less to when I found and killed the renegade 'dctaf'
process and prevented it from being restarted by commenting its action
in the GEMPAK pqact.gempak_decoders pattern-action file (and then
running 'ldmadmin pqactHUP').

re:
> Seeing that the high "latency" isn't coming from the incoming data
> stream but rather from a bogged down machine seems actually easier to
> remedy!

I am hopeful that this really is the case.  I am still very concerned
with the 18% iowait being shown by 'iostat'!

Ticket ID: TMZ-743033
Department: Support IDD