[LDM #LIT-351851]: ipadress in allow

Hi Frank,

re:
> I am trying to upgrade an old ldm server (stratus.uml.edu), and am
> trying to test the replacement (drizzl.uml.edu)
>
> I keep getting the "connection not allowed" in the new ldmd.log.
> The log on the old machine never shows the connection request.
>
> I have attached the log files and ldmd.conf files from both machines.

The REQUEST line for HDS|DDPLUS in the LDM configuration file on
drizzl, ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf, shows that it is trying to REQUEST from
itself:

REQUEST HDS|DDPLUS      ".*"    drizzl.uml.edu

I think you meant to use the same REQUEST lines that are in the
LDM configuration file on stratus:

REQUEST IDS|DDPLUS      ".*"    vortex.esc.brockport.edu
REQUEST NIMAGE  ".*"    idd.aos.wisc.edu

NB:

- depending on how the LDM administrators of the Brockport and UWisc/AOS
  machines have configured their ALLOW statements, making a REQUEST from
  them may or may not work

  To test to see if your upstream feed sites have an ALLOW that will
  allow drizzl to request from them, try:

  <as 'ldm' on drizzl>

  notifyme -vl- -f ANY -h notifyme -vl- -f ANY -h vortex.esc.brockport.edu

  notifyme -vl- -f ANY -h notifyme -vl- -f ANY -h idd.aos.wisc.edu

- if the upstream LDMs that you want drizzl to REQUEST feeds do not have
  an ALLOW that includes drizzl, you will need to contact the LDM
  administrators for those machines and ask them to add an ALLOW for
  drizzl.uml.edu

  LDM contact information for sites participating in the IDD are listed
  in:

  Unidata HomePage
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

   Data -> IDD Operational Status
   http://rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu/rtstats/

     More Information -> IDD Site Contact List  <- you must login to our
website to get access

Ticket ID: LIT-351851
Department: Support IDD