[LDM #CSW-815764]: back-up cluster for tomorrow

> Hi Jeff,

Hi Bonchul,

Yes, by installing the THREDDS server on the S3 bucket as we currently have
done, it allows for costless data transfer between the S3 bucket and your EC2
instance as long as it is in the SAME ZONE AND REGION as the S3 bucket :)

> I hope that you feel better now.
> Yes, Munsung, Witek's student working with me, got some help from Ryan May
> and was successful to get the Level II data from THREDDS.
> I will discuss this issue (using THREDDS) with Witek and tell you where we go.
> Our basic idea was that we process the data on the cloud (e.g., Amazon) and
> distribute rainfall products requested from customers.
> In that case, Level II data transfer from S3 to EC2 would be free as well.
>
> Thanks,
> Bongchul

Jeff Weber
Unidata User Support