[IDD #MWQ-760671]: Test Feed

Hi Ziv,

re:
> Thanks for the help! It looks like I am making a connection ("notifyme"
> shows a bunch of files).

Progress! :-)

re:
> However, I am trying to make a product que to get the data into /mnt
> (ephemeral storage). I am following the installation instructions, but when
> I run ldmadmin mkqueue -f I get the following gigantic error message.
>

> Bareword found where operator expected at /home/ldm/bin/ldmadmin line 829,
> near "errmsg("new_log"
> (Might be a runaway multi-line "" string starting on line 825)
> Bareword found where operator expected at /home/ldm/bin/ldmadmin line 832,
> near "system("hupsyslog"
> (Might be a runaway multi-line "" string starting on line 829)
> String found where operator expected at /home/ldm/bin/ldmadmin line 835,
> near "errmsg(""
> (Might be a runaway multi-line "" string starting on line 832)
> (Missing semicolon on previous line?)
> String found where operator expected at /home/ldm/bin/ldmadmin line 852,
> near "print  ""
> (Might be a runaway multi-line "" string starting on line 851)
> (Missing semicolon on previous line?)

This looks like your 'ldmadmin' script has gotten munged somehow; perhaps
when you edited it to add the 'chmod' of the LDM log file?

Question:

- what did you use to edit ~ldm/bin/ldmadmin (e.g., vi, gedit, emacs, etc.)?

Assuming that the installed copy of 'ldmadmin' has gotten munged, you
will need to re-install the LDM:

<as 'ldm'>
cd ~ldm/ldm-6.12.14/src
make install

After doing this, check to see if the LDM applications that need setuid root
privilege have gotten overwritten:

cd ~ldm
ls -alt bin/hupsyslog bin/ldmd

If they are no longer owned by 'root' and have setuid root privilege,
someone with 'root' privilege needs to run:

<as 'root'>
cd ~ldm/ldm-6.12.14/src
make root-actions

re: