[IDD #BBX-177142]: Fwd: [SSEC-TC-req #38799] aws.ssec.wisc.edu question

Hi Carol,

re: firewall to aws.ssec.wisc.edu should be open for REQUESTs from
our Antarctic IDD relay machine

> This is what our people at TC are saying.... I guess we are getting some
> sort of log

Or, were you referring to log messages being written to /var/log/messages?

If you are seeing LDM log messages in /var/log/messages, what do they
say?

re:
> Also this is what I have in the ldmd.conf files on aws.ssec.wisc.edu
>
> # Give permission to the ANTIDD at UCAR
> ALLOW   ANY     ^antidd\.ucar\.edu$     .*

This should be correct/sufficient.  It is possible that the name/IP address
of our machine is resolving to something else (like, maybe, a .unidata.ucar.edu
name), and that is the reason that the REQUESTs are not being ALLOWed.

Ticket ID: BBX-177142
Department: Support IDD