[IDD #HUS-393958]: Scripting access to 2km 1 hour raw precipitation radar data (national mosaic) data

Hi Tammy,

I apologize for the very slow reply to your inquiry...

re:
> I am writing to inquire about regular, programmatic access to the 2km 1
> hour raw precipitation radar data (national mosaic) data available for
> download via your website at
>
> http://motherlode.ucar.edu/native/radar/composite/gini/n1p/2km/
>
> Although it is possible to download this data as individual files, I am
> attempting to write a script which will download the data and add it to
> our data archives for access beyond the time frame you support the data
> on your web server.  However, this site does not seem to allow scripting
> access to the site for data download.

There are better ways to get data like the 2 km, 1-hour composite imagery:
setup an LDM and get the data pushed to you as soon as it is available.
The only issue with doing things this way is identifying an upstream
site that is willing to feed you (AIR Worldwide).

re:
> Is there another site location where it is possible to download the data,
> or would it be possible to set up regular access to this data?

Those wishing to get the data continuously (as opposed to episodically)
are better served by installing an LDM and getting fed the data as
soon as it is available.

re:
> Thank you very much for your assistance in this matter.  Please feel
> free to contact me at this email address
>
> address@hidden<mailto:address@hidden>
> or at 617-954-2049

Please let us know if you are interested in pursuing an LDM-based solution
to your need.

Ticket ID: HUS-393958
Department: Support IDD