[IDD #QWF-162996]: NEXRAD L3 prods

Hi Mike,

Forgive me if I have missed something in your exchange with Jeff
Weber on NxV products are missing from NOAAPort, but I have a
comment:

The NWS triaged the "low resolution" reflectivity and velocity
products from all but the lowest tilt some time ago.  Users have
been encouraged to switch to use of the "high resolution" products
that are operationally being added to NOAAPort now:

NxQ - high resolution reflectivity products
NxU - high resolution velocity products

The velocity products that are routinely sent in NOAAPort are:
N0U - Base Velocity DV Tilt 1
NAU - Base Velocity DV Tilt 2
N1U - Base Velocity DV Tilt 3
NBU - Base Velocity DV Tilt 4
N2U - Base Velocity DV Tilt 5
N3U - Base Velocity DV Tilt 6

The N0U, N1U, N2U, and N3U products are available for all stations
at (essentially) all times; the NAU and NBU products are sometimes
included.  I am not sure what the rationale is behind when the
NAU and NBU products are included (but I am sure there is one).

I hope that this helps...

Ticket ID: QWF-162996
Department: Support IDD