[IDD #TOU-600965]: upstream data feeds

> Site name: University of Northern Iowa
> LDM Administrator:
> Neal Pruess
> 319-273-5809
> address@hidden
> Host server: cyclone.storm.uni.edu
> Feedtypes: FNEXRAD IDS DDPLUS UNIWISC HDS NNEXRAD NGRID

Hi Neal,

We confirmed that:

cyclone.storm.uni.edu

...has both forward and reverse DNS resolution, so you are good to go from us :)

> This server will eventually replace tsunami.storm.uni.edu, though not
> immediately right now. The current ldmd.conf file has the following
> requests. cyclone would need the same feeds I believe.

We will leave the allow for tsunami until you let us know it is no
longer needed.

I ~suspect you are also good to go from meteo.psu as well, you can confirm that
by doing
the ldm 'notifyme' command to:

idd.meteo.psu.edu

from cyclone to verify you have access to the feeds you desire.

Something like this from cyclone as ldm:

notifyme -vl - -h idd.meteo.psu.edu -f [insert desired feed type here|or group
of feeds delineated by a pipe]

i.e.

notifyme -vl - -h idd.meteo.psu.edu -f FNEXRAD|IDS|DDPLUS|UNIWISC

..and see if cyclone is "allowed" from idd.meteo.psu.edu

> REQUEST FNEXRAD|IDS|DDPLUS|UNIWISC ".*" idd.unidata.ucar.edu
> REQUEST FNEXRAD|IDS|DDPLUS|UNIWISC ".*" idd.meteo.psu.edu
>
> REQUEST HDS ".*" idd.unidata.ucar.edu
> REQUEST HDS ".*" idd.meteo.psu.edu
>
> REQUEST NNEXRAD ".*" idd.unidata.ucar.edu
> REQUEST NNEXRAD ".*" idd.meteo.psu.edu
>
> REQUEST NGRID ".*" idd.unidata.ucar.edu
> REQUEST NGRID ".*" idd.meteo.psu.edu
>
> Thanks,
> Neal

Great to hear you are getting a new machine, hopefully it is an upgrade ;)

> --
> Neal Pruess
> University of Northern Iowa
> College of Humanities, Arts, and Sciences
> IT Support Coordinator
> Office: WRT206
> Phone: 319.273.5809
> Mail: WRT 206 0506