[IDD #XTD-908150]: SSEC problems

Hi Harry,

re:
> I seem to be having a problem with the UNIWISC feed from SSEC. Are you aware
> of
> anything going on?

Immediately upon seeing your email, I verified that the distribution of
Unidata-Wisconsin imagery from the injection machine at SSEC had
stopped.  An investigation as to cause of the failure pointed back
at us -- we have been trying to offload all processing on undata2.ssec.wisc.edu
in preparation to replacing it with a motherlode clone machine (that
is currently named unidata2-new.ssec.wisc.edu).  Unfortunately, the
way that we had implemented redirection of IDD feed requests resulted
in the Unidata-Wisconsin images not being sent to downstreams.  We
reverted to a previous configuration, and products that had been created
and were in the LDM queue on unidata2.ssec.wisc.edu started to flow
again.  Unfortunately, because of the way that the LDM works, the
outage resulted in all downstreams not receiving imagery between 14:15
and 17:45 UTC.

But, all is not lost for those that maintain their own local archive
of Unidata-Wisconsin imagery.  The rolling archive of UNIWISC imagery
on unidata2.ssec.wisc.edu continued to be updated, so the images that
folks missed can be retrieved using either McIDAS ADDE or standard
FTP.  In case you need/want to access the images you missed, here
are the necessary bits of information:

McIDAS ADDE:

Server                   ADDE group
unidata2.ssec.wisc.edu   UNIARC