[IDD #HIF-625790]: No data on idd servers

Hi Adam,

re:
> No, i do not see any of the data i'm missing while watching ldmadmin
> watch after you restarted the process.

OK.

re:
> notifyme -vl- -o 300 only shows IDS|DDPLUS, HDS, FSL2, LIGHTNING....same
> as ldmadmin watch.

OK, that eliminates the possibility of an obscure problem.

re:
> pqcat -f NEXRAD2 shows:
>
> Aug 20 22:07:40 pqcat NOTE: Starting Up (18581)
> Aug 20 22:07:44 pqcat NOTE: Exiting
> Aug 20 22:07:45 pqcat NOTE: Number of products 0

This matches with us not having received any real-time stats
from tornado for the CONDUIT, GEM, FNMOC and NEXRAD2 feeds.

re:
> So the queue is not getting anything I am looking for.

Yup, we agree.

We don't think that there is anything wrong on our side:

I looked at the real-time stats that tornado has been reporting
to us, and I think that it shows that there has been a measurable
decrease in ingest of all of the feeds shown in:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/siteindex?tornado.geos.ulm.edu

over the past 3 hours or so.

Comment:

- your single REQUEST line is requesting the great majority of the
  data by volume in the IDD

  Most sites away from Boulder need to severely split their feed
  REQUESTs into pieces in order to keep latencies down.  For example
  most users split their CONDUIT request into fifths.

We would like you to run the following tests to see if there might
be anything choking down your bandwidth.

First, try feeding low volume feeds directly from idd.unidata.ucar.edu
instead of from LSU.  What we have in mind are the FNEXRAD, FSL2,
IDS|DDPLUS and UNIWISC feeds.

Next, if this test works well, try splitting your other request into
parts.  For example, change:

REQUEST  "CONDUIT|GEM|FNMOC|NEXRAD2"   ".*"   idd.unidata.ucar.edu

to:

REQUEST  GEM   ".*"  idd.unidata.ucar.edu
REQUEST  FNMOC  ".*"  idd.unidata.ucar.edu
REQUEST  CONDUIT  ".*"  idd.unidata.ucar.edu
REQUEST  NEXRAD2  ".*"  idd.unidata.ucar.edu

The question will then be if you receive anything after the split.

Ticket ID: HIF-625790
Department: Support IDD