[IDD #UQI-928042]: New LDM User

Hi Kantave,

re:
> Fully Qualified Name: jsumet.jsums.edu
> IP Address: 143.132.224.46
>
> I hope this is helpful. I believe their might not be a reverse look-up
> on the name. If not, please let me know if it is required and I will
> contact IT to fix.

Your suspicion about there not being an IP <-> name lookup for your
machine is correct.  I verified this using the *nix 'nslookup' utility:

% nslookup jsumet.jsums.edu
Server:         128.117.140.62
Address:        128.117.140.62#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:   jsumet.jsums.edu
Address: 143.132.224.46

% nslookup 143.132.224.46
Server:         128.117.140.62
Address:        128.117.140.62#53

** server can't find 46.224.132.143.in-addr.arpa.: NXDOMAIN

The most important DNS for the LDM is IP to name since the IP
address is sent with feed REQUESTs, and that IP needs to be
turned into a fully-qualified name which is then used to match
ALLOW(s) in the upstream host's ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf file.

Please let us know as soon as your network folks have fixed
the DNS issue.

Ticket ID: UQI-928042
Department: Support IDD