[IDD #YKO-702467]: idd.unidata down

Hi Daryl,

re: I decided to restart the LDM ...

> Interesting.  So there wasn't a dead node?

The node that I found the NEXRAD2 and CONDUIT feeds on was
definitely not dead -- it was servicing what, at quick glance,
looked to be over 100 downstream connections.

re:
> Somehow one of the three connections kept failing?

That looks like the case.

re: Yes, but it (ldm-6.8.0) still works fine.

> So is it 'periodically' or 'when the old version breaks'?

Periodically.

re:
> Dogfooding is
> an important part of being a software development house :)

We have been running LDM-6.10.x on a variety of machines that are
involved in high-volume ingest and feeding of data for some time,
just not the real server backends to the idd.unidata.ucar.edu cluster.
They will be updated when time allows.

re:
> Makes me
> nervous when I keep hitting issues with LDM and see idd.unidata back on
> 6.8.0.

Point taken.

Ticket ID: YKO-702467
Department: Support IDD