[IDD #PDW-808970]: Data Access

> Hi,

Hi Brian,

Apologies for the slow reply...busy day :)

> I seem to be having trouble establishing a feed connection.  The error I'm
> getting is:
>
> Mar 17 12:16:00 ldm idd.cise-nsf.gov[463] ERROR: Disconnecting due to LDM
> failure; Couldn't connect to LDM on idd.cise-nsf.gov using either port 388 or
> portmapper; : RPC: Remote system error - Connection refused

nslookup indicates that your IP:

199.128.189.9

...does not support BOTH forward and reverse resolution of the IP address. This
*needs* to happen. If you
cannot get your IT group to enable BOTH forward and reverse IP resolution, it
will require us to hardcode
your IP into our tables for "allowed" hosts. We would rather not do that, but
if we cannot get forward and reverse IP resolution from your machine we can
attack it on this end. Let us know how your IT group responds :)

(jweber) laraine:/home/jweber 3 % nslookup 199.128.189.9
Server:  laraine.unidata.ucar.edu
Address:  128.117.140.62

*** laraine.unidata.ucar.edu can't find 199.128.189.9: Non-existent
host/domain
(jweber) laraine:/home/jweber 4 %

> Is there something I need to do on my end?

Yes, get forward and reverse IP/DNS resolution on your machine . . .

> Thanks,
>
> Brian

Let us know how things proceed :)

Jeff