[IDD #GOK-818269]: Help -- NEXRAD3 feed no longer working, along with some GOES imagery from UNIWISC

Hi Marcus,

re: split WMO into HDS and IDS|DDPLUS requests

> Done.  I have also taken off the NEXRAD3 and NIMAGE requests, and restarted
> the server.

Excellent.  You can see the dramatic change in IDS|DDPLUS latencies:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_nc?IDS|DDPLUS+gwoemul.wiu.edu

Interestingly and curiously, the HDS latencies also dropped on the floor:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_nc?HDS+gwoemul.wiu.edu

Also, the UNIWISC latencies look a bit better:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_nc?UNIWISC+gwoemul.wiu.edu

On top of that, NEXRAD3 started showing up in the list of feeds being
received, but there is no information for it (it may be an abberation).

Musing:  perhaps something was modified in the network configuration at WIU?

re:
> Hopefully we can get some answers about the network soon.

I agree.

re:
> However, there is still the mystery of why GOES-11 just isn't there,
> and why no requests for NEXRAD3 were begin generated.   It seems unlikely
> that it was a network issue for either of those problems, though...but one
> step at a time.

A couple of comments:

- I agree that it seems unlikely that a network problem would affect a
  portion of datastream while not affecting the rest of the same datastream
  or other datastreams.

- I noticed a lot of messages in our LDM log file that indicated that it
  was having problems sending data to gwoemul.  Here are some representative
  examples:

Sep  3 12:02:41 uni20 gwoemul.wiu.edu(feed)[12921] ERROR: Couldn't flush
connection; nullproc
_6() failure to gwoemul.wiu.edu: RPC: Timed out
Sep  3 12:02:41 uni20 gwoemul.wiu.edu(feed)[26331] ERROR: Couldn't flush
connection; nullproc
_6() failure to gwoemul.wiu.edu: RPC: Timed out
Sep  3 12:02:57 uni20 gwoemul.wiu.edu(feed)[16467] ERROR: Couldn't flush
connection; nullproc
_6() failure to gwoemul.wiu.edu: RPC: Timed out

Ticket ID: GOK-818269
Department: Support IDD