[IDD #JZM-551600]: Is the SUNY NLDN feed down?

Hi Mike,

re:
> I haven't seen any data since yesterday and browsing other sites
> that get it also show that no data was being received there either.

This is the note that David Knight of SUNY Albany sent yesterday:

Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 18:38:10 GMT
From: David Knight <address@hidden>
Subject: [ldm-users] no NLDN data

Hi all,
     It looks like we have lost our satellite
downfeed for NLDN data. We will not be
able to send data until we can get the
feed sorted out. It may take some time.
Thanks for your understanding
David

David Knight
Dept. of Atmospheric and Environmental Sciences   Tel: (518)-442-4204
University at Albany   ES-228                     Fax: (518)-442-4494
Albany, NY  12222                                 Email: address@hidden

We learned this morning that Vaisala discontinued their satellite broadcast
of NLDN data to subscribers (of which SUNY Albany was one), so the data is
currently not flowing to the Unidata community.  David has been in touch
with Vaisala to find out options for getting the data, and he is keeping
us in the loop.  Hopefully, a mechanism for getting the data from Vaisala
will be setup next week, and the data will return.

In the meantime, you can subscribe to WSI to get USPLN Lightning data:

Unidata HomePage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

  Data
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/data/

    Lightning
    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/data/lightning_data_2.html

      USPLN Lightning data via WSI Corp./ Embry Riddle Aeronautical University
(ERAU)
      http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/data/lightning.html#uspln

I hope that this helps!

Ticket ID: JZM-551600