[IDD #GOK-818269]: Help -- NEXRAD3 feed no longer working, along with some GOES imagery from UNIWISC

Hi Marcus,

re:
> After restarting our server in August after a 3 month break we are
> no longer receiving some satellite imagery from the UNIWISC feedtype,
> (GOES 11)

The real time statistics being reported by your machine, 143.43.212.26,
suggest that you are receiving all of the UNIWISC datastream.  Compare,
for instance your UNIWISC volume received:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_vol_nc?UNIWISC+143.43.212.26

with that of the machine that originates the UNIWISC datastream,
unidata2.ssec.wisc.edu:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_vol_nc?UNIWISC+unidata2.ssec.wisc.edu

Except for a single hour (1 UTC today), your volume totals are identical.
To me this suggests that there is something amiss in your local
processing of the data.

re:
> and also we are no longer receiving any NEXRAD3 data.

Hmm... I just checked, and I don't find a connection request for
the NEXRAD3 feed on idd.unidata.ucar.edu.

Other observations:

- you are requesting LIGHTNING from idd.unidata.ucar.edu.  This will
  always fail as the LIGHTNING feed can only be gotten as a point-to-point
  feed from SUNY Albanys's striker2.atmos.albany.edu.  You will need
  to contact SUNYA folks to get your machine ALLOWed to request
  the LIGHTNING feed:

  David Knight <address@hidden>
  address@hidden

re:
> Here is the ldmd.conf :
>
> EXEC    "pqact etc/pqact.gempak"
> EXEC    "rtstats -h rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu"
>
> REQUEST WMO ".*" idd.unidata.ucar.edu
> #REQUEST LIGHTNING ".*" idd.unidata.ucar.edu

I don't know when you commented out this request, but the log files
on idd.uniduta.ucar.edu are full of denials for this request today.

re:
> REQUEST NEXRAD3 ".*" idd.unidata.ucar.edu

This should be OK, but I do not see any feed request in the log
files on idd.unidata.ucar.edu.  As a test, I just restarted the
LDM on the node of the cluster idd.unidata.ucar.edu that is feeding
your machine.  Interestingly:

- I still see the request for LIGHTNING:

Sep  2 12:29:11 uni14 gwoemul.wiu.edu[26131] WARN: Empty wanted/allowed
product-class intersection for gwoemul.wiu.edu: 20100902172909.729 TS_ENDT
{{LIGHTNING,  ".*"}} -> <nil>

- I do not see a request for NEXRAD3

Question:

- are you sure you restarted the LDM on gwoemul.wiu.edu _after_ making
  changes to ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf?

re:
> #REQUEST NIMAGE ".*" idd.unidata.ucar.edu
> REQUEST UNIWISC ".*" idd.unidata.ucar.edu
> REQUEST FSL2 ".*" idd.unidata.ucar.edu
> REQUEST DIFAX ".*" idd.unidata.ucar.edu
>
> ALLOW   ANY     ^((localhost|loopback)|(127\.0\.0\.1\.?$))      .*
> ALLOW   ANY     ^[a-z].*\.unidata\.ucar\.edu\.?$

re:
> (Our site is 143.43.212.26)

We would appreciate you reporting stats by machine name, not IP.  This will
require you to (re)edit ~ldm/etc/ldmadmin-pl.conf and take out the $hostname
setting for 143.43.212.26, and set it to:

$hostname = "gwoemul.wiu.edu";

After the (re)edit, you will need to restart your LDM:

<as 'ldm'>
ldmadmin restart

-- OR --

ldmadmin stop