[IDD #GCH-274369]: NSSL connection

Hi Karen,

re:
> NSSL has been connected to an LDM server at Unidata for quite some time,
> but recently got disconnected.
>
> We were connecting to idd.unidata.ucar.edu and we appear to have gotten
> data as recently as Friday, but while I can ping the Unidata system,
> ldmping's are not going through.
>
> I'm wondering if we got removed from the "allow" list on the machine?

No changes were made to ALLOWs for any of the real servers that comprise
the cluster idd.unidata.ucar.edu.

re:
> If so would it be possible to be added back?

We will check with our system administrators to make sure that there
were not changes made to firewall configurations.

Questions:

- what is the fully qualified name and IP address of the host you
  are trying to connect from?

  It is possible that forward and reverse DNS do not exist for your
  machine, and this would look like denial of feed service.

- where there any changes made to your firewall late last week?

  We have seen instances where outgoing requests on port 388 get
  blocked by firewall configuration chagnes.

Ticket ID: GCH-274369
Department: Support IDD