[IDD #MRO-975497]: I'm ready to go with the LDM!

> Guys,
>
> Jeff asked if  we need to allow incoming connections on port 388 from
> the world.
>
> I think not.   We will be getting the data from
>
> Primary Feed:
> <ldm.meteo.psu.edu>
>
> Secondary (backup) Feed:
> <idd.cise-nsf.gov>
>
> so allowing incoming connections from these machines should be sufficient.
>
> Is that right IDD/LDM guys?
>
> Thanks,
> Rich

Hi Rich,

Yes, not the whole world, only sites feeding you or feeding from you (which are
none currently) need access to port 388. Keep in mind it is good to allow
*.unidata.ucar.edu access via port 388 for statistics.

Cheers,

Jeff

Jeff Weber
Unidata User Support