[IDD #ADS-412407]: LDM feed question (idd.cise-nsf.gov)

Hi Evan,

Again, apologies for my slow responses.  It is training workshop time here
at the UPC offices in Boulder...

re:
> Thanks for considering a direct feed of the idd.cise-nsf.gov servers to
> Weather Trends.  We would certainly appreciate receiving a backup feed
> from any universities that might be willing to help us.

I talked to the LDM/IDD administrator at Texas A&M University about being
willing for you to request data from his machine(s).  He is willing as long
as the data being requested is reasonable (meaning not all of what is
available in the IDD which ranges up to about 12 GB/hr).  He is still in
town doing some things in our offices, so I can get him to set you up
as soon as you provide the fully qualified name and IP address of your
LDM machine.

> Weather Trends would still like to help both Unidata and the LDM user
> community in any way possible be it by serving as a backup feed (to
> whatever extent our resources allow) and as a development sandbox for
> IDV/NAWIPS II/LDM/GEMPAK developers.

Very good.  We sincerely appreciate the offer.  How we may take advantage
of this is unclear at the moment, but something could turn up.

Ticket ID: ADS-412407
Department: Support IDD