[Datastream #IZJ-689237]: Additional Datafeeds

Hi Jeff,

Sorry for the late reply!

re:
> Can you tell me what Fortran compiler is typically used to build Gempak
> from scratch?

It depends on the OS version.  In older distributions of Linux, g77 was the
Fortran compiler of choice.  In the newest distributions, gfortran is the
compiler of choice since support for g77 has pretty much gone away.

> Both Whistler and my dev box were built using
> libgfortran.  Just for the heck of it, I'm trying to recompile Gempak
> using g77 on the dev box and have some obnoxious libxslt.a errors that I
> can't get rid of.  It keeps throwing errors about undefined functions...

I would assume that CentOS would have complete support for g77 since it is
an "older" distribution of Linux (RedHat Enterprise 5, I believe).  Can
you give me a snippit of the error messages you are seeing so I can understand
what may be happening on your system?

> Have you had a chance to build a box there to test our feed?

No, sorry.  I have been trying to track down a bug in McIDAS that prevents
decoding of GRIB2 messages for v2008 build in 64-bit mode on Solaris x86 10
using vendor compilers (the code works fine when build/run under 64-bit
Fedora 8 Linux; go figure).

I will try to get to this on Monday.

Ticket ID: IZJ-689237
Department: Support IDD