[IDD #HBX-311891]: Data Streams for LDM

> Hi Jeff,
>
> I still have access to maelstrom2. It was only using feeds:
>
> === +
> request IDS|DDPLUS ".*"    idd.unidata.ucar.edu PRIMARY
> request HDS ".*"    idd.unidata.ucar.edu PRIMARY
> request UNIWISC ".*"    idd.unidata.ucar.edu PRIMARY
> request IDS|DDPLUS ".*"    idd.geo.nsf.gov PRIMARY
> request HDS ".*"    idd.geo.nsf.gov PRIMARY
> request UNIWISC ".*"    idd.geo.nsf.gov PRIMARY
> === -
> I'm not sure why these feeds are duplicated from 2 sites.
>
> I will contact those responsible to gain access to the pcws and cmc feeds.
>
> I will also be taking over point of contact role for McGil. Please feel
> free to contact me with any updates.
>
> Thanks for the help,
>
> Michael

Hi Michael,

Sites often ingest the same data from two sites for redundancy..in case one LDM
goes down, you will not need to do anything :) The LDM is "smart" enough not to
request duplicates (using an MD5 checksum).

fyi..the "PRIMARY" semantic is no longer needed, it can be removed.

We have made a name change on the NSF machine:
idd.geo.nsf.gov

that alias may still work, but will go away, the new name is:

idd.cise-nsf.gov

and you can still use our machine:

idd.unidata.ucar.edu

..as a secondary, failover feed.

I will place you as the point of contact for McGill, please let us know if you
encounter any problems.

Cheers,

Jeff

Jeff Weber