[Support #DMB-963596]: Re: UF LDM upgrade

Matt,

> Donna,
> I guess that ought to work.  We'd originally wanted to make things
> as simple as possible for coastal/ocean modeler folks, but that's
> certainly not too difficult.  Does that sound sufficiently appropriate
> to our Unidata friends? (i.e., checking STDERR for non-NULL)?

Given the current behavior of "pqinsert" and your expressed need
to know if an attempt was made to insert a duplicate product, then
the answer is yes, that's entirely appropriate.

I'm currently gathering internal commentary on the proposal for
a new exit status.  When that's done and if there are no show
stoppers, I'll then poll the LDM User's mailing-list.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: DMB-963596
Department: Support IDD SCOOP