[#RFZ-122547]: Re: Re: More data to send from CMA

Manuel,

> Since I have changed ldmd.conf to specify tigge-ldm.cma.gov.cn:8080, we
> don't receive any product from CMA. Instead, I see the following in the
> logs:
>
> Apr 08 17:12:14 tigge-ldm tigge-ldm.cma.gov.cn[5434] INFO: Sleeping 30
> seconds before retrying...
> Apr 08 17:12:14 tigge-ldm tigge-ldm.cma.gov.cn[5426] ERROR:
> Disconnecting due to LDM failure; Couldn't connect to LDM on
> tigge-ldm.cma.gov.cn using either port 8080 or portmapper; : RPC: Remote
> system error - Connection timed out

The log messages indicate that the ECMWF LDM can't connect to the
CMA LDM using port 8080.  Because the CMA LDM is running the
"balance" program to connect port 8080 to port 388, it is likely
that the CMA LDM host or the network in and around CMA doesn't
allow incoming connections to port 8080.

I recommend that CMA work to allow incoming connections to port
8080 on its LDM host.

> So I have reset to use the normal port instead of 8080. It works again.

Mike Schmidt's experiments showed a large increase in throughput when
the CMA LDM connected to the NCAR LDM using port 8080 instead of port
388.  It is likely (but not necessary) that this condition also
exists in the opposite direction.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: RFZ-122547