[TIGGE #YZT-357848]: queue size and pqmon

Manuel,

> I'm looking into what should be the size of LDM product queue for TIGGE.
> I am running pqmon and get the following:
>
> address@hidden:~/etc> pqmon
> Nov 01 11:56:07 pqmon NOTE: Starting Up (22594)
> Nov 01 11:56:07 pqmon NOTE: nprods nfree  nempty      nbytes  maxprods
> maxfree  minempty    maxext  age
> Nov 01 11:56:07 pqmon NOTE:  10347   290  965925  3965980584     82186
> 5094    894302    520176 2584255
> Nov 01 11:56:07 pqmon NOTE: Exiting
>

> I do not understand the age = 2584255, => 29.9 days. We are supposed to
> send 10 GBytes/hour, which will evict produts from the queue very fast
> (current queue size is 4GBytes).

Data-products will not be removed from the product-queue if they are
locked.  Products are locked when they are being inserted into the
queue and also when they are being read from the queue.  It is possible
that a process (e.g., upstream LDM, pqact(1)) has a read-lock on the
product in question and the processing of the product is taking a very
long time.

You should be able to use the pqact(1) utility to discover the
metadata of the product in question.  For example:

    pqact -vl- -o 2584255 >/dev/null

Ticket ID: YZT-357848
Department: Support IDD TIGGE