[IDD #TFD-506897]: Can we get WMO from idd or thelma?

Hi Tim,

re:
> RAL apparently is doing some reconfiguring, and is asking us to receive
> anything but local products from somewhere else if possible.  Does
> thelma or idd already allow WMO to us?

Yes.  One quick reminder: there really is no thelma.ucar.edu anymore (hasn't
been for well over a year).  We maintain 'thelma.ucar.edu' as an alias
for idd.unidata.ucar.edu only since we havn't gotten some folks to change
their request lines (!) yet.

> Can I use one of these machines
> for WMO products?

Use idd.unidata.ucar.edu.  This top level IDD relay is actually a small
linux cluster (3 real servers and a directory frontend).  We designed it
to be able to handle LOTS of data requests... there are currently about
380 requests from a wide variety of sources.

> Currently we're getting them from chisel.rap.ucar.edu
> as primary, and level.rap.ucar.edu as our alternate.

OK.  Use idd.unidata.ucar.edu until the RAL relay is back.

> Thanks,

No worries.

Ticket ID: TFD-506897
Department: Support IDD