[IDD #VID-605297]: more on IDD #DLC-821177

> OK, I am still unable to get data from idd.unidata.ucar.edu from
> rossby.met.sjsu.edu.
> Let me try to clarify the symptoms:
>
> From rossby (running LDM 6.1.0):
> - I am unable to ldmping to idd.unidata.ucar.edu, but I had been getting
> data fine.
> - I can however ldmping and get data from bigbird.tam.edu
> - I can ping idd.unidata.ucar.edu from rossby
> - I can telnet to port 388 on idd.unidata.ucar.edu from rossby
>
> I suspect that this is either a firewall issue on our campus (although the
> campus folks of course assure me that nothing has changed), or this is some
> kind of version incompatibility with LDM. I did not upgrade recently, just
> a hunch. If this latter is true, would something show up in the ldmd.log
> file on idd.unidata.ucar.edu when I try to connect?
>
> I think I will take the steps to upgrade the ldm on rossby anyway and see
> if that resolves the problem.
>
> Cheers,
> -Mike
>

> --------------------------
> Mike Voss
> Department of Meteorology
> San Jose State University
> One Washington Square
> San Jose, CA 95192-0104
>
> 408.924.5204 voice
> 408.924.5191 fax

Hi Mike,

There should not be any backward incompatibility issues within LDM 6.*, but
always good to upgrade.. :)

Nothing has changed on our side, as far as I know, but I will dig into the logs
tomorrow am.

We'll watch the feed, and keep us posted and any changes on your end.

Cheers,

Jeff Weber
Unidata User Support
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu