Re: Updated bandwidth info on Weatherx.admin.niu.edu (fwd)

To: Mike Schmidt <address@hidden>
Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
Subject: Re: Updated bandwidth info on Weatherx.admin.niu.edu

Hi Mike,

Gilbert,

Any chance you'll have gigabit connections to your LDM server, and if
so, can you support large MTU (jumbo frames)?  We've been experimenting
with a 9000 byte MTU and we'd like to do end-to-end bandwith testing
with a few geographically distributed sites when possible.

I just got the definitive ord today...it would cost minimum $50,000 to $100,000 to get the connection at this time. No way does my boss have that kind of $$$$ right now, unfortunately. Read on...Herb Kuryliw is our Senior Network Architect.

E-mail: address@hidden                                  ***