RE: 20050323:California University of Penn - Upstream LDM Request

Hi Chad,

I have an allow for:

shu.cup.edu
158.83.74.22

on two machines that we maintain:

atm.geo.nsf.gov

and

idd.unidata.ucar.edu

I will initiate the process for the NLDN and GEM data which will come from
different servers as those feeds are propriatary and need to come from
their origination sites (SUNY-Albany and CMC respectively). I'll cc you
and yours on these comms and please keep me in the loop as well.

At this time feel free to begin ingesting any other "open feedtypes" from
either:

atm.geo.nsf.gov
or
idd.unidata.ucar.edu

or feed from both indicating one as a "PRIMARY" and the other as an
alternate to add robustness for your data delivery. If running LDM 6.4.*
the LDM will choose between the two sites and dynamically choose the
quickest connection seamlessly..

i.e.

request NNEXRAD ".*"    idd.unidata.ucar.edu PRIMARY
request NNEXRAD ".*"    atm.geo.nsf.gov ALTERNATE

and replace NNEXRAD with the feeds you desire seperated with a "|"

i.e

request IDS|NNEXRAD|UNIWISC ".*"    idd.unidata.ucar.edu PRIMARY

if sub-setting within the feed you will need to have another request line
to use a reg exp to limit the feed and not use the .. ".*" .. catch all in
the feed regular expression.

Cheers,

Jeff