20050610: please change moingobe feed requests

>From: Unidata User Support <address@hidden>
Hi Waldenio,

Yesterday afternoon I noticed that monigobe is feeding from
emo.unidata.ucar.edu:

netstat | grep ldm | grep ESTAB
tcp4       0  33304  emo.ldm                moingobe.cptec.i.65346 ESTABLISHED
tcp4       0  31856  emo.ldm                moingobe.cptec.i.57711 ESTABLISHED
tcp4       0      0  emo.ldm                moingobe.cptec.i.59588 ESTABLISHED
tcp4       0  33304  emo.ldm                moingobe.cptec.i.57170 ESTABLISHED
tcp4       0    308  emo.ldm                moingobe.cptec.i.63802 ESTABLISHED
tcp4       0     44  emo.ldm                trindade.lncc.br.51108 ESTABLISHED

We have changed emo's role to being a collection front end for
the top level IDD relay cluster idd.unidata.ucar.edu.  Given this new
role, we are asking that all sites feeding from emo.unidata.ucar.edu or
oliver.unidata.ucar.edu switch their requests to idd.unidata.ucar.edu
as soon as possible (and never switch back).

Also, you will notice from the list above that LNCC is also
feeding from emo.  Can you send a note to the LDM administrator at LNCC
asking him/her to change their feed request from emo to idd?  Thanks!

Please remember/remind LNCC that after changing a feed request in
~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf you have to stop and restart the LDM for the change
to take effect:

<as 'ldm'>
ldmadmin stop
ldmadmin start

  -- OR --

ldmadmin restart

By the way, I just got the Universidad de Buenos Aires (UBA) up and
running the full suite of Unidata packages!  The machine at UBA does
not yet have DNS service, so it is requesting data by IP.  I set the
machine up to think that it is unidata.at.fcen.uba.ar, but reverse name
lookups on this name will not result in a valid IP.  Given this, and
given that we have always wanted to be able to feed Argentina from the
IDD-Brazil, can you please do the following:

- add an entry to the /etc/hosts file on your IDD relay machine:

157.92.28.2     unidata.at.fcen.uba.ar

  (note that there is a tab between the IP address and the name, not spaces!

- add a general allow for machines from Argentina to your IDD relay node
  machine:

allow   ANY-NLDN-WSI-PCWS-GEM-NOGAPS    \.ar$           # Argentina

  (white spaces are tabs)

- stop/restart your IDD relay node's LDM

Whether or not the UBA machine will make PRIMARY feed requests to the
IDD-Brasil will depend on the traceroute times from your IDD relay
machine(s) to UBA.  Currently, the traceroute times from
idd.unidata.ucar.edu servers to UBA and CPTEC are virtually the same,
varying between 160 and 180 ms.  I will definitely setup UBA to feed
ALTERNATE from your IDD relay.

Thanks in advance...