20050316: Allow for NWSTC

Hi Kevin,

Comments in text...

Jeff

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005, Kevin Polston wrote:

> Hi Jeff,
>
> Sorry I got the wrong person when I sent my e-mails.
>
> Thanks for getting idd.unidata.ucar.edu set up for me.  I will make the
> changes to my ldmd.conf file in just a little while. I don't understand
> what you are saying regarding atm being an I2 site.

They only have a T1 going out of NSF, so ALL idd traffic (port 388) will
ONLY be going out from the router to I2....no commodity network
connections.

  What exactly is
> that and why is that important? (Just curious). Also, I saw an e-mail
> from about 2-3 weeks or so ago that mentioned that the statistics were
> no longer needed.

Perhaps you saw something regarding pqbinstats, that has been deprecated,
but rtstats is quite valuable and useful to us and you...Please add the
line I sent you earlier for the rtstats exec.

Please visit:
http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/idd/rtstats/index.html

to see the wealth of info that can be gleened.

  However....it is not a problem for me to restart them
> again. I can go ahead and make the change in my ldmd.conf file when I
> switch to idd.
>
> Bottom line is thanks alot for setting me up on idd. :-)

Sure, our pleasure ;)

Jeff