20050204: 20050202: Late 1 degree GFS and late eta's on CONDUIT] (cont.)

Tiziana,

When the 0.5 degree GFS data was added to the CONDUIT data stream,
it created certain performance problems on the machine responsible for
placing the data into the data stream. We have actively been working to
improve the speed at which the data is placed into the data queue,
and have arrived at a point in the last day or so where the delay in
posting of the data to where the system can place it into the LDM queue
is improved. The peak data occurs when 5 NCEP models are posting output
concurrently, and that generates added load on the host system.
These data are inserted as quickly as possible into the LDM.
Since different users have expressed opposing priorities on
which data sets they need most readily, it is not a simple problem to
prioritize data...or even delete certain data products from delivery.
At this point, the LDM does not allow weighting of data within the queue,
so we will try to maintain as soon as available delivery.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

 http://mkwc.ifa.hawaii.edu           Honolulu, Hawaii 96822