Re: 20030820: Weather2.admin.niu.edu Trouble

could be just that that IP isn't resolving
doesn't sound like your computer is resolving that ip gil.

weather:~> nslookup 129.15.197.65
Note:  nslookup is deprecated and may be removed from future releases.
Consider using the `dig' or `host' programs instead.  Run nslookup with
the `-sil[ent]' option to prevent this message from appearing.
Server:         10.11.1.1
Address:        10.11.1.1#53

65.197.15.129.in-addr.arpa      name = winkie.caps.ou.edu.

-dave

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, Gilbert Sebenste wrote:

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, Kevin W. Thomas wrote:

> I did some log checking, and found the following:
>
> munchkin.caps.ou.edu  Connection started failing Thursday August 14th at
>                       8:24pm CDT.  I haven't had any connections since.
> winkie.caps.ou.edu    I was wrong.  This machine *can* connect, however, it
>                       is getting "access denied".  This started on Friday
>                       August 15th at 9:23am.
>
> I've been able to come with a lot of CAPS computers than can connect to
> "niu.edu", and I can come with a lot that can't.

I am getting "Access denied" messages from a machine called 129.15.197.65.
I am allowing it now...I am wondering if your IPs changed or if something
is going haywire there!

E-mail: address@hidden                                               ***

David B. Bukowski       |email (work):          address@hidden
Network Analyst III     |email (personal):      address@hidden
College of Dupage       |webpage:       http://www.cshschess.org/davebb/
Glen Ellyn, Illinois    |pager:                 (708) 241-7655
http://www.cod.edu/     |work phone:            (630) 942-2591