Re: your mail

Hello John,

Welcome aboard!

Neither Bates nor Colby are participants currently, but after you begin
getting data, they may want to feed from you ;)

I belive you are located in Brunswick, Maine..so maybe a feed out of the
Boston area  would be suitable.

Could you please perform from your ldm machine (which I will need the
name and IP of):

traceroute synoptic.mit.edu

traceroute snow.nrcc.cornell.edu

traceroute ldm.envsci.rutgers.edu

and just for fun

traceroute thelma.ucar.edu

and attach the results back to me.

Do you have any idea what data feeds you anticipate being desired?

Please see:
http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/ldm/feedtypes/index.html

Cheers,

-Jeff
COMET Case Study Library                      FX:303-497-8690