Re: 20030203:changing idd relay machine

Hi David,

Congrats on the new machine!

What we often suggest is bringing up the new machine "gusher", and have it
run in parallel for a time with redwood. Once you are confident that
gusher is stable and getting all feeds desired, notify all those that feed
from you (from your ldmd.conf) to change to gusher from redwood. This will
allow some flexibility for the transition as both redwood and gusher can
offer the feed. Then notify the downstream folks of the "drop dead"
date/time for redwood and all should be feeding from gusher by that time.

Thats how we do it.

I am assuming this does not affect "striker"...;)

Cheers,

-Jeff
COMET Case Study Library                      FX:303-497-8690