20020528: reading NIDS files

Michal,

If you just want to uncompress the NIDS product and write out the
product without the zlib compression, several examples of small
converter programs are available:

Dan Vietor's ucnids.c program:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/glimpse/ldm-users-list/4889

Pete Pokrandt's Perl script:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/glimpse/ldm-users-list/4783

If you are looking for raster values generated from the radials
contained within the products, then that is a different question.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support