20000801: WUCN10 WUCN70 WWCN70 ?

>From: Christian Page <address@hidden>

>Hi,
>
>I found something unusual in the datastream. The WUCN10 Weather Warnings
>bulletins are not on the stream (I checked on the NOAAPORT text product list).
>Why is it missing? The WWCN10 (Weather Watch) bulletin is there, but not the
>warning bulletin WUCN10.
>
>Also, French versions of the bulletins are in WUCN70, WWCN70, etc. Is there an
>chance that these would be available on NOAAPORT/IDD ?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Christian Page      finger address@hidden => tel. + adresse
>address@hidden    http://www.sca.uqam.ca/
>
>Assistant de recherche / Research Assistant
>Universite du Quebec a Montreal / Universite McGill / McGill Radar

Christian,

I did a grep for W[UW]CN bulletins we have seen the past few days:
WUCN11 CWOZ
WUCN11 CWVR
WUCN11 CWWG
WUCN11 CWZF
WUCN12 CWNT
WUCN12 CWWG
WUCN13 CWTO
WUCN13 CWWG
WUCN14 CWQT
WUCN15 CWWG
WUCN16 CWWG
WUCN20 CWQT
WUCN21 CWQT
WWCN02 CWHF
WWCN10 CWUL
WWCN11 CWHX
WWCN11 CWLW
WWCN11 CWVR
WWCN11 CWWG
WWCN11 CWZF
WWCN11 CYQX
WWCN12 CWWG
WWCN13 CWTO
WWCN13 CWWG
WWCN13 CYQX
WWCN15 CWHX
WWCN15 CWWG
WWCN16 CWWG
WWCN20 CWVR
WWCN20 CWWG
WWCN20 CYQX
WWCN21 CWQT
WWCN22 CWQT
WWCN33 CWWG
WWCN34 CWWG
WWCN35 CWWG
WWCN36 CWWG

The WUCN bulletins for warnings appear to be there, but no WUCN10.
If Environment Canada is issuing WUCN10 bulletins and putting them on the GTS,
then it is possible for NOAAPORT to carry them....if NWS offices need them.
Generally, questions regarding the content of NOAAPORT can be addressed to
Julie Hayes:
http://www.nws.noaa.gov/noaaport/html/contacts.shtml

French translations may be more difficult, since US NWS offices probably do not
issue any products in french, unlike the spanish translations they issue in the
carribean for Puerto Rico. But, couldn't hurt to ask.

Anything that is on the NOAAPORT nwstg chanell will be part of the IDD
broadcast we
provide.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support