20000731: setup for decoding PNG compressed imagery at UVa

>From:  "Jennie L. Moody" <address@hidden>

Jennie,

>Just got back on to see how things looked (see if the
>new products were there), but seems to be a problem.
>The log file suggests things are not coming in:
>
>Aug 01 01:07:43 windfall.evsc.Virginia.EDU navier[15315]:
>run_requester: 2000080
>1000743.145 TS_ENDT {{HDS|DDPLUS,  ".*"},{MCIDAS,  "^pnga2area
>Q[01]"}}
>Aug 01 01:07:43 windfall.evsc.Virginia.EDU navier[15315]:
>FEEDME(navier.meteo.ps
>u.edu): RPC: Program not registered
>Aug 01 01:19:43 windfall.evsc.Virginia.EDU navier[15315]:
>run_requester: 2000080
>1001943.727 TS_ENDT {{HDS|DDPLUS,  ".*"},{MCIDAS,  "^pnga2area
>Q[01]"}}
>Aug 01 01:19:43 windfall.evsc.Virginia.EDU navier[15315]:
>FEEDME(navier.meteo.ps
>u.edu): RPC: Program not registered

I saw the transition to this yesterday afternoon right before I left
for the day.  windfall was feeding from navier with no problems, and
then navier went down for some reason.  The "Program not registered"
message is saying that your LDM probed navier and does not see an
LDM running there.  I left things as they were since navier was running
fine while I made the change on windfall, and I figured that it would
come back online as soon as someone at PSU attended to whatever the
problem is.

>Not sure what to do about this.

I will check to see if navier came back up.  If not, I will fail you
over to your alternate feed site.

>BTW: I didn't realize that Tony hadn't gotten
>back with you, I guess they have been keeping busy
>with the wind profiler system and launching sondes
>(and playing around with trying to fly sondes occasionally
>as tethered balloons to satisfy the chemists...

I figured Tony was pretty busy.  That is why I wasn't concerned.

>an
>interesting story that involves my new student (Mark
>Lilly, from Rich at Millersville) pedaling an
>excersice bike he bought at a garage sale to extend
>and reel in the balloon!!  Things were going well
>when I left, but they were not running McIDAS
>locally (I was disappointed, but they thought they
>had what they needed available on windfall).  I should
>insist that he get it working just to justify the
>cost of the new laptop, it was the intent (all
>my intents are messed up...the best laid plans...)

All Tony had to do was get the laptop on the net and I would have
finished the McIDAS installation from here.

>I'll check back tomorrow after a 10am doctors appt
>with Gar to see if there is anything I could/should
>do to help, the guys in Michigan will start to notice
>the missing products, so I am going to forward your
>note (the first part) to Tony up there.

OK.

>As always, I appreciate your help.

No worries.