RUC grids on OSO server (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 21:32:20 -0700
From: john horel <address@hidden>
To: Steve Chiswell <address@hidden>
Subject: RUC grids on OSO server

As far as I can tell, there may be a problem with the date in the RUC grids
from the OSO server. When running nagrib, the date is Feb 30 instead of
March 1. This appears to be in the raw data as I've output the time as the
PDS info is read from the grib file. Eta grids processed fine.

Before I spend any time trying to resolve this, I'd be curious if this is a
problem with all the RUC grids or another hidden feature of the leap year
problem.

Thanks

John