Request for LDM feed (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 14:59:38 EDT
From: Erick Lorenz <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Subject: Request for LDM feed

Greetings:

I wish to add a new LDM receiver.

Site:   Department of Land, Air & Water Resources
        University of California, Davis

Admin:  Erick Lorenz

E-mail: address@hidden

Phone:  530-752-8297

Host:   ATM25.ucdavis.edu  (169.237.35.25)

Previously we have been receiving data from

typhoon.atmos.ucla.edu or norte.sfsu.edu

onto atm23.ucdavis.edu (169.237.35.23)

We would like to continue to do so for a time as there are
certain feeds such as FOS which we have highly customized running there.

We cannot continue to use atm23 for McIDAS because it is not
ready for Irix 6.5 and the current versions of McIDAS will not
compile on it at its current level.

If it is ok to have two receivers for a time we will collect
different data on each one and will also consolidate the LDMs
as soon as we can find a hardware solution.

Thank you

Erick Lorenz, LAWR, UCDavis