19991001: Impact on Conduit

Paul,

As you know, we considered CONDUIT not to be operational, and
as such, we accept that the normal flow of data can be interupted
due to events such as has occured.

Since the CONDUIT data feed relies on the dbnet delivery of data
from the Cray to the data server which Michael Mani has administered
the LDM sotware, we noticed the cessation of data almost immediately.
We also receive the NOAAport broadcast administrative messages
so that we were aware of the impending changes in data delivery.

Looking at the www page you have refered to, I can provide the following
assesment of what products in the NCEP suite will be affected in the
CONDUIT delivery:

RUC - normally delevired to CONDUIT hourly, will be limited to 3 hourly.

AVN - CONDUIT feed delivers 0Z and 12Z model runs. During backup
      configuration where the 4x perday is limited to 2x per day,
      this should not change the CONDUIT feed.

MRF - normally 0-384 hour forecasts are recived, will be limited to 0-7
      days.

MRF Ensembles - Appears that backup configuration will not deliver these
      products to CONDUIT.

ETA - Delivery during backup appears to be grid specific on condition.
      Here is what we have noted on CONDUIT through today:

      Grid 104 is not being provided
      Grid 216 Alaska is being provided
      Grid 212 is being delivered
      Grid 215 is not being delivered

      *We would probably like to consolidate the CONDUIT feed to provide
       a single ETA data set using the entire grid domain if possible,
       which would be a valid topic of conversation at the December
       meeting.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support