19990825: Missing CONDUIT data

Jim,

I think the problem relates to the latency of the data upstream.

The latencies for products arriving at unidata on the NMC2 feed
is available at:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/chiz/ncep_idd/gifs/latency.gif

In general, the latency approaches 1 hour 2x per day, one for
the 00Z MRF & AVN runs and the second for the 12Z AVN.

The size of the AVN (600MB) pushes the T-1 capacity (540 Mb/hour)
which pushes the latencies up and is the biggest culprite.
The log messages associated with this should be RECLASS messages if
the LDM is having to jump ahead.

At present, the system uses the same 3600 second latency request
as the other IDD feeds....a tricky situation for LDM's that would receive
more than NMC2 feed.

This will be an issue to address- either by more bandwith at the top,
longer queue lives, or decreased data volume injection.

Steve Chiswell