new stations used in Convective Outlooks? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 09:57:08 -0500 (CDT)
From: Dana Quinn <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Subject: new stations used in Convective Outlooks?

Hello everybody!
        I have some scripts here that plot out the Convective Outlooks
from KMKC.  It looks like in the last two days KMKC has started using a
number of new stations for the boundaries of the outlook areas.  I'm
guessing that they are new ASOS stations, but I'm not able to find any
information about most of the stations.  I've checked the searchable
database on the GEMPAK site, and the AirNav site, but haven't found much.
I also thought I had saved all the notices about the new ASOS sites, and
grepped through all those for the IDs, and haven't been able to find much
either.

        So my question is this -  first of all, did a number of new
stations just 'go live' or something?  I'm surprised that all of a sudden
all these new stations are being used in the convective outlook
statements.  Secondly, are there more options for searching for sites?

        Here is a few of the sites I'm unable to find information on: OSW,
HBU, VUZ, BOY, BVL, PWE, DPR.

        Any help would be appreciated!

Dana