[GEMPAK #UQM-782686]: Date bug

Hi,

re: GEMPAK Y2K21 bug
> There has been a similar bug in the interpretation of date/ time info
> via garp when displaying gridded (model) data. This bug started either
> when we rolled from 2018 into 2019 or one year later.

It appears that the current date bug is a result of code modifications
implemented for the Y2K bug.

Participants of the address@hidden email list have been sharing
their experiences about what has been needed to correct the Y2K21 bug,
and we have also been CCed on some email traffic from a NOAA/NCEP/NCO
developer that provided a list of routines that had been changed in
NOAA.

Here is a list of routines that the NOAA/NCEP/NCO developer provided
this morning that need modification:

gempak/source/gemlib/fl/flmnam.f
gempak/source/gemlib/gg/ggwwcr.f
gempak/source/gemlib/im/imnohd.f
gempak/source/gplt/transform/mcidas/mcnav.f
gempak/source/programs/gui/nwx/nwxp_srcho.c
gempak/source/programs/gui/nwx/nwxp_txtw.c
gempak/source/programs/gui/nwx/nwxp_dir.c

gempak/source/gemlib/fortran_wrappers/cticcnt.c  (comments only)
gempak/source/gemlib/tg/tgyymd.f  (comments only)
gempak/source/gemlib/ti/ctiyyyy.c
gempak/source/gemlib/ti/ticcnt.f  (mentioned on GEMBUD)
gempak/source/gemlib/ti/tidtm4.f  (comments only)
gempak/source/gemlib/ti/tiyy24.f  (mentioned on GEMBUD)
gempak/source/gemlib/ti/tiyymd.f  (comments only)
gempak/source/gemlib/ti/tiyyyy.f

I looked at the code referenced in:

gempak/source/gemlib/gg/ggwwcr.f

and I do not see where there needs to be any changes made for
the Y2K21 bug, so the inclusion of this routine in the list
may be for some other bug.

If you are using executables built locally from the Unidata GEMPAK 7.5.1
source code release, I can send you a compressed tar file that contains
the routines that we have changed for our internal GEMPAK use.  If, on
the other hand, you are using GEMPAK 7.5.1 installed from, for instance,
an RPM, or if you are using an older version of GEMPAK, the changes may
or may not be helpful to you.

Ticket ID: UQM-782686
Department: Support GEMPAK