20021220: GEMPAK scripting troubles

Jim,

I was able to run your script as is, with no modifications.
So, since you are hanging, and presumably some portion of the mod2h500.gif
file is being written out, then I'm assuming your DISPLAY environmental
variable is set correctly. Also, if you are seeing a gif file, then
it also sounds like gpend is running.

Can you tell me which program is dumping the "core" file? Use "file core"
to determine what program created the core file.

Other things to check are to make sure the gemglb.nts and last.nts files
in the directory are writeable (shouldn't cause a core dump regardless),
and that you don't any other programs called "gf" or "gpend" in your path
from an older version of GEMPAK.

Since you are seeing a gif file output, it also sounds like everything
is correct with your "ipcs", but you can check that.

Steve Chiswell