[Datastream #FGH-873715]: Data Request - AXA Climate

Greetings,

> We are currently conducting studies
> on US wind gusts (Strong Winds originating from thunderstorms) and our
> work leads us to consider the RTMA dataset.
>
> I've noticed that you have RTMA wind gust speed data available, but I
> can't access data older than a month.
>
> Is it possible to access more historical data? If so, when is the data
> available?
>
> If so, could you tell me how to access this data?
>
> Thank you in advance,

We don't do much long-term archival here, so a month is about as far back as we
probably have that data for.

Fortunately, you can access RTMA data from a NOAA AWS bucket that goes back
years:  https://registry.opendata.aws/noaa-rtma/

And just throwing this out there, if your work is more on the past analysis
side of things and less real-time, you may want to consider the Unrestricted
Mesoscale Analysis (URMA) data set instead of RTMA.  URMA is essentially the
same thing but generated six hours later when more data is available.  You can
think of it as a somewhat more accurate hindsight than RTMA.

Hope this helps,
-Mike

Ticket ID: FGH-873715
Department: Support Datastream