[Datastream #PTQ-270209]: Wave Watch III Coastal US West Coast Data Access prior to December 2020

Hi,

re:
> I'm currently a graduate student at California State University Long Beach
> working on
> my master's thesis. I would like access to the Wave Watch III Coastal US West
> Coast
> dataset. I haven't been able to find anything earlier than December, 2020.

The data we make available via technologies like the TDS are mostly real-time
or near real time.  We provide about a month of most datasets, but, since we
are not an archive center, we do not attempt to provide data older than about
one month.

re:
> Does this
> data exist, or has it not been made public/uploaded to the TDS?

NOAA's  National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI) is the national
repository for this kind of data:

https://www.ncei.noaa.gov/

re:
> I know they stopped
> their hindcasts in 2018/2019, so I'm just wondering if this is just a gap in
> the
> dataset or if it can be accessed any other way.

Another source of the data may be the NCAR's Research Data Archive:

https://rda.ucar.edu/

I say 'may' since I don't know that the NCAR archive has the data you are
looking for.

re:
> Thank you very much for your time,

No worries.