[Datastream #MQU-657040]: L2 products sent in NIMAGE

Hi,

re:
> What is the source of the data on your Thredds server?

I assume that you are referring to the Level 2 products.  If this is
correct, our source for all L2 products ** except the value-added GLM
images/grids since those are created at Texas Tech ** is the NOAAPort SBN.

re:
> I grabbed one of
> your files and compared it to one we got from STAR PDA and the md5sum
> values matched.

This is interesting in that it indicates that, at least for the single product
you tested, the source of the L2 files (again, except for the GLM one) is the
same for the STAR PDA and NOAAPort.

re:
> That was great news for Jerry.

It is most interesting to us as well!

re:
> One of our in-house)
> scientists thought you may have also got the data off of PDA and
> question if the data coming off NOAAPort should have the same md5sum
> values.

We do NOT get the L2 products from the PDA.  In fact, we are not getting
anything from the PDA.  I have to agree that I am a bit surprised that
the MD5 signatures are the same as for products from the PDA, but I
must assume that this is because their origin is the same, and they
are not changed at any point along the paths to the PDA and NOAAPort.

Ticket ID: MQU-657040
Department: Support Datastream