[Datastream #MQU-657040]: L2 products sent in NIMAGE

Hi Rick,

re:
> Success!

Very good.

re:
> I only tried one product, but was able to serve via ADDE.

Excellent.

re:
> Currently, I am only seeing Cloud Optical Depth, Cloud Top Pressure and
> Cloud Particle Size - should we be seeing more?

Yes, definitely.  The URL I sent previously to the TDS has the list
of all L2 products that we are receiving in NOAAPort.

re:
> Latency appears to be ~15-20 minutes less than that of PDA.

Interesting.

re:
> Your instructions worked well. I have never used LDM, so Jerry had to
> give me a few pointers. I just didn't realize you gave me code for all
> the satellite data. Right now we are only interested in the L2 data.

I figured that you (SSEC/Data Center) might want to setup use of
the ABI L2 imagery that is distributed as tiles in NOAAPort at
some point.  I will be updating the ABIN server code in the McIDAS-X
CVS with my mods/additions that allows for serving of all three
types of products: ABI L1b from GRB, ABI L2 from NOAAPort and
other L2 products from NOAAPort sometime this weekend or first thing
on Monday morning.  After that is in core (Jay will start kicking
the tires locally as soon as the code is checked in), serving of
all of the images/products becomes much simpler.

Ticket ID: MQU-657040
Department: Support Datastream